Friday, July 20, 2012

Nile

Our last night in Cairo we decided to take a cruise up the Nile.



 Our vessel had three floors and a deck on top where you could enjoy the views of the city.


A view from the top deck.


Our dinner was much better than you would expect on tourist river cruise.  The daugther was eyeing the buffet, ready to pounce.


The entertainment included a belly dancer.


And a whirling dervish.


Someone was a little scared of the whirling dervish when he got close.


It would be wrong to mention the Nile on a "Hawks" blog without a reference to the greatest Hawkeye of all time.



Finally, if you will permit me, I'd like to make a comment which in my mind, is indicative, perhaps, of the greater significance of football and sports emphasis in general in this country, and that is, I thank God I was warring on the gridirons of the Midwest and not on the battlefields of Europe. I can speak confidently and positively that the players of this country would much more, much rather, struggle and fight to win the Heisman award than the Croix de Guerre. - Nile Kinnick

No comments:

Post a Comment