Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Literal Shitstorm

The stop that I meet the train for work is just off of a field that always has horses and cows roaming around.  I see more cows, horses, sheep, and other various animals in the Netherlands than I have ever seen in my "rural" state.  Occasionally the stop has smelled a little like an Iowa farm but not often and not overwhelming.

The view from my stop:



Monday was a different story when it was literally raining shit.  Monday was also the first day that it really rained since we have been here (about a month, and I am told somewhat of a new record).  As I walked up to the station it began to smell like the old monkey "cage" at Bever Park Zoo, but as I reached the platform the stench made the Bever Park Zoo smell seem like flowers.

If you take a closer look at the picture above and the zoomed in version below you will see the root of all evil.


A LIQUID MANURE SPREADER!

This is what one looks like in action and resembles what was going on that morning:


As it was windy and rainy, it felt as if you were in a shit storm.  I could almost taste it, my only reprieve was hiding behind one of the advertisements on the platform of the stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment