Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lin-dorsement Opportunity

For those of you that may not know, I have always been a big New York Knicks fan.  It has been very refreshing to finally have some positive news associated with the team and follow the new found success of Jeremy Lin.  Long gone are the days of Oak and Mason roughing up the Bulls or LJ and VanGundy holding on against the Heat.  We'll pretend the Isiah Thomas and Larry Brown era's did not occur and enjoy the most famous Ivy League player since Bill Bradley.


How does one grow up in Iowa and become a Knicks supporter while the nearby Bulls were a very prominent successful team?


My favorite, and greatest, player during my formative years was drafted by the Knicks thanks to the invisible hand of David Stern.  As I followed Ewing and the Knicks through the mid 80's another personnel move forever cemented my loyalty.  The Knicks signed a player who I had watched in person play for the Cedar Rapids Silver Bullets.


Now that you got all that information, what does any of this have to do with living in the Netherlands?  I found a great candy bar at the grocery store.  If I knew anything about the import/export business, I would set up a candy bar stand outside the mecca of basketball and make a fortune selling them to New Yorkers.



The candy bar itself is a knock off of the KitKat.


No comments:

Post a Comment